If you have refreshed your Insta/Snapchat/Twitter/FB in the last 4 days, you have probably seen the NYX Canada takeover. In honour of the new (and first Canadian) NYX flagship store opening in Toronto on Queen St. West this October, Lotus Leaf hosted the #NYXINTHESIX launch party this past weekend at East Room.
It was an all-out Insta-fest (because if you didn’t post about it, were you really there?) as Toronto’s beauty editors, makeup artists, and vloggers had a sneak peek at NYX’s latest products and welcomed the brand to the 6ix. Here’s a little behind the scenes rundown of what went down.
- Lotus Leaf arrives on-site around 3:30PM; our priorities: gift bags, inflating the #NYXINTHESIX balloons (anyone know how to operate a helium tank??), and working with the venue to move furniture out of the space
- Luckily we have a rockstar crew of volunteers who tackle the gift bags… helloooo soft matte lip creams and coloured mascara!
- Balloons get blown. OMG the “I” balloon floats away….
- Crisis averted, we have an extra set of balloons (phew!)
- Our bartenders set up the bar, our caterers set up the Burger Pawty, sweets table is on fleek
- DJ Bambii arrives for sound check just after 7PM. Check, check one, two.
- With just fifteen minutes to go, we switch into our LBDs, heels and touch up our butter gloss (colour of choice: Banana Split)
IT’S PAWTY TIME!
Guests begin to arrive and we spy editors from LOULOU, FLARE and The Toronto Star; top make-up artists from Judy Inc and P1M; Degrassi favs like Alexa Steele, Sarah Fisher and AJ Saudin; and of course the YouTubers such as LaurDIY, Adelaine Morin C0OK1EMONSTER, The Sorry Girls, Sonjdra Deluxe, BeautyCakez, Leigh Dickson, Bailey Beauty and oh so, so many more!
- The night starts at the step-and-repeat and the camera flashes begin
- Guests hit the bar and have the choice between Boxed Water, TAG Vodka, Steam Whistle and Refuel Juice Bar‘s cold-pressed juices (debate over the best flavour ensues…)
- People are hovering around the killer product display with all of NYX’s core collection and latest FW15 products
- At this point in the evening, we switch into a second pair of (more comfy) black heels
- The line for the GIF photo booth is not slowing down, and neither are the battles with the life-size lipstick props and #NYXINTHESIX foam letters (yessssss, a hit!)
- People are snacking on our Burger Pawty crew’s pink-mini-waffle sliders, and the team is working double-time (success!)
- The Purple Cupcake’s macaroons, pavlovas, lollis, and mini-cakes are disappearing equally as quickly, and all hopes of any leftovers quickly disappear
- As the night winds to a close, artist Rachel Ludlow who has been live painting, puts the finishing touches on her gorgeous piece
- … Is super quick! Did I mention we have the best team, ever?
- The Lotus Leaf team is out the door with the lights out by midnight
- Where did we leave those make-up remover wipes…
Hope you enjoyed this behind the scenes post. Don’t miss out on the action. Follow us on Instagram to get in on the party!
Tags: Adelaine Morin
, Boxed Water
, Fashion PR
, Lotus Leaf Communications
, lotus leaf crew
, Lotus Leaf Style
, NYX Canada
, NYX Cosmetics
, PR events
, Rachel Ludlow
, Refuel Juice Bar
, Sonjdra Deluxe
, Steam Whistle
, TAG Vodka