Working in PR requires long hours of dedication and constant energy to keep up with daily tasks and meetings. We’ve all been guilty of skipping meals (without knowing it), because who has time to eat when you have deadlines and people to meet!
As I’ve heard from my mother, countless amount of times, you need to constantly be fuelled throughout the day to work at your best, and if you’re anything like me, eating healthy at work is extremely difficult. Not taking the extra time to make a healthy lunch results in me grabbing a quick bite, such as cookies or I end up buying a fast food lunch, which might be cheap but doesn’t keep me full for long.
At Lotus Leaf, we know you need to be properly fueled to keep productive. We’ve come up with a solution with the ultimate smoothie to help all you PR mavens keep your body energized and mind on fleek.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of spinach
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 ice cubes
What makes the PR #SuperSmoothie so special?
- The banana and avocado have potassium, which will keep you full for a longer period of time. When you don’t have time to eat, these super foods are necessary to keep your body energized. Plus, if you’re stressed, potassium will also help lower your blood pressure, and anything that will help calm you down in a stressful situation is A-ok with us.
- While most of these ingredients are good for inside your body, spinach and almond milk are great for your overall appearance. When you have events to attend from morning until night, you need to look your best. Spinach and almond milk contain vitamins and minerals, which help improve the look of skin, hair and teeth.
- The vanilla protein powder will increase immune system, and it is a great source of protein (obviously) to give you all the essential daily nutrients.
- Blueberries are mega important for your daily diet. A PR pro always has a sharp mind and the ability to think fast. Blueberries keep your memory sharp and on the ball. It also contains anti-depressants, which keeps you in a good mood.
- Ain’t nobody got time to be sick, so adding cayenne pepper acts as a flu and cold fighter and keeps your immune system in top shape.
- Last but not least, it tastes good! When healthy tastes delicious, the transition to becoming a healthier eater is easier, and you’re less likely to give it up (unlike your New Year’s Resolution..remember that?).
If you make the PR #SuperSmoothie, be sure to take a pic and tag us on Twitter and Instagram!
Written by Nicole Ballanthyne-Choo and Jessica Moy
, Lotus Leaf Communications
, Public Relations